The OCSRY competition started in 1991 to honor customer service representatives and account managers who have made significant contributions to the insurance and risk management industry. The competition is sponsored by the Society of Certified Insurance Service Representatives (CISR) and the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC)-- proud member organizations of The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research.
1. The competition deadline is May 1. Nominees must submit a completed entry form along with an essay to their licensed state association by the deadline.
2. Anyone can make a nomination, and you can even nominate yourself! Simply fill out and submit the nomination form. Once you have nominated someone, encourage them to write their essay and submit their entry. Anonymous nominations are accepted. A nominator's name will not be shared unless they give permission to do so.
Who can enter?
Anyone, regardless of affiliation or professional designation, whose primary duties center on insurance customer service, is eligible to enter. A CIC or CISR designation is not required. However, we recommend that candidates have a minimum of two years of industry experience and enough experience to share through their essays.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be insurance customer service representatives, account managers, or have primary responsibility for customer service duties
- Submit a completed Entry Form that includes references, education/contribution/achievement information
- Submit a letter of recommen dation from buisness/professional references
- Write a 500- to 1,000-word essay on the following topic:
"Many agencies recoginze the professionalism and knowledge of Account Managers and CSRs who successfully weave sales into their day-to-day responsibilities. Please summarize the sales training, if any, you've received from your agency or company and discuss what you believe are the three (3) most effective sales techniques or tools that make you a better CSR/Account Manager."
Nominees compete at state level to become one of five finalists. The national winner is announced in June. Individuals who nominate the national winner receive a $1,000 cash award.
OK OCSRY Entry Form.pdf
OK OCSRY Nom Form.pdf